Count Your Blessings Emotions and Perceptions Events

Getting Back To It!

“It’s nice to visit, it’s nice to roam, but it’s always nice to get back home.” –The Bernstein Bears

Anyone out there just returning from a vaca OR a long weekend OR just a string of fun summer events and feeling a little anxious about your weight???  If so, you’re NOT alone!

I spent last week on the beach having an amazing time with my family—a mere 21 of us!! The pic above is of my hubby, Darin, my boys, Cole (21y) and Chase (16y) and me. The second pic is of all the cousins color coded by family 🙂  Aren’t we clever ???  Thanks Aunt Darcy & Pinterest!!

It was our annual trek down to Hilton Head Island, South Carolina and it was such fun. A truly

 relaxing escape from everyday life with the people I love dearly.   So when it was over, as you can imagine, it was difficult to say goodbye and leave the beautiful island. Boohoo!

Once we were home, it dawned on me—–I also LIKE routine!  It also feels good to get organized and back in the swing of things and back to many of the healthy habits that we take a break from on vacation.   I’m a firm believer in the 80/20 rule. 80% of the time you healthy choices and the other 20% you enjoy and just don’t worry about.   It’s the 80% that really makes us enjoy the 20% thoroughly!!  One of the biggest morale killers I see as a Weight Watchers leader is folks weighing themselves down with guilt.  The “shoulda, coulda, woulda” syndrome. If you’ve been partying it up this summer and having a fabulous time doing it, don’t beat yourself up over it or have any regrets!!  I’m going to repeat the last part of the earlier sentence—just don’t worry about it!  Instead, be thankful for the indulgence and move on. 

When you’re ready, just jump right back to the healthy habits you know will jump start your weight loss or get you back to the goal weight. The best way I know to do this is to surround ourselves with others who are already doing it successfully. Yep, you know exactly what I’m going to say—–get back to your Weight Watchers meeting ASAP!!  I led my Schaumburg Weight Watchers meeting yesterday (Tuesday at 10am) and I left there so inspired by the group and happy to be back on track.   We had a 75 pound weight loss celebration, a 40 pound weight loss celebration AND a member who hit Lifetime!!!  She wanted to lose 20 pounds to help her running and she DID IT!   And all three shared that they did it by finding balance in their lives. So cool!!!

I’ll be leading the Geneva Weight Watchers meeting on Thursday at 530pm, back to normal, this week and I hope you’ll join me.   Sharing the positive energy, ideas and care for each other on this journey is the key to taking care of ourselves and keeping it fun!

I will also be LIVE on Facebook with another Weight Watchers leader, Susan Vranich, on Thursday (August 10th) at 4pm comparing and contrasting the benefits of the Simply Filling technique and SmartPoints tracking.  To tune in, simply go to the Schaumburg, Geneva or North Aurora Facebook page at 4pm on Thursday and you will be able to type messages and join in the conversation!!   So techy :-))

Make the most of this gorgeous summer weather and go forward with JOY today!!

All is well❤️


You Might Also Like