Last year about this time with great hesitancy, I purchased an air fryer. I don’t like to spend a ton of time in the kitchen and I also don’t like clutter, so kitchen gadgets are not my favorite thing to spend money buying. But….I kept hearing such awesome reviews of foods being cooked in the air fryer without all the fat and calories of grease that I had to try it.
Am I glad I did!
At first, my family laughed at how it looked and brushed it off as a fly by night gimmick that crazy Ma was trying for her WW cooking. BUT……before the new year started EVERYONE in my house was either using it or asking me to make things for them in it! When an 18 year old boys get excited about a kitchen appliance, there’s something to be said for it! I’m telling you, this thing has soooo many uses that save time and provide amazing flavor and consistency in your food.
I just bought a second one, because Darin likes meat and I’m a vegetarian, so I cook a lot of our food separate. We also kept finding more uses for it, and we can make two different things at once now! Our latest was “fish and chips” but healthy style!
Top 10 Reasons I Love My Air Fryer
1. Makes food crispy without any grease or oil. Foods don’t turn out soggy or mushy often happens when microwaving.
2. It’s super simple to use. The air fryer has built in presets, labeled with cute little icons, making it simple to just push the button!
3. It doesn’t take time to heat up or heat your kitchen up like an oven does.
4. Nearly everything/anything can be cooked to perfection in it!
5. It cleans up very easily. Both the fryer basket and the drawer that houses the fryer basket are non stick and can easily be wiped clean from most foods. If the food cooked is a bit messier such as meat or fish, both pieces can be put in the dishwasher.
7. Besides healthy cooking, it also heats up leftovers from restaurants amazingly well! We’ve brought home everything from quesadillas to lasagna to pancakes and used the air fryer to reheat and it’s amazing. Crispy and as good as when eaten the first time at the restaurant!
8. It is a game changer for heating frozen foods. Veggie burgers, bean burgers, sausage patties/links, chicken nuggets, frozen fries, tater tots….
9. FAST! The air fryer saves a ton of time because it cooks everything very quickly.
10. There are recipe and food ideas for the air fryer all over the internet! When we are planning our meals for the week, I’ll often Google our main ingredient to find new, fun ways to cook it. So for example, if we are having tilapia, I’ll Google “air fryer recipes for tilapia” or type it into Pinterest and a million ideas come up! I’ve had great sucess with all the ones I’ve tried!
So here are 2 of my most recent favorite low SmartPoint recipes using my air fryer. Just click on the links and it will take you to the full recipe. Check them out and let me know what you think!!!
All is well!
Terra’s WW Workshop Schedule – California
Mondays – Fresno WW Studio – 830am
Wednesdays – Madera – 12:30pm
Fridays – Fresno WW Studio –
8am, 10am and 12:15pm