Back by popular demand!!!! Not only is this a super healthy and very low Smart Point warm fruit crisp that tastes delicious, it will also give your home a heavenly smell while it’s baking!!!
Low in sugar and full of fiber, it will leave you feeling satisfied instead of sluggish!! Use any fruit you like, fresh or frozen…just adjust the baking time as needed.
Right now, apple is our fav, but berries are delicious, peaches, pears….you name it, any fruit turned into a warm “crisp” is pretty darn tasty!!! It’s super low SmartPoints values and I promise you’ll enjoy it!
Side note: We love our apple slicer and corer!!!! We make this crisp by keeping the apple peels on (and peaches and pears) so all I have to do to make this dessert is put the slicer and corer over each apple (or other fruit) and DONE! One cut per apple and I have a baking dish full of evenly cut apple slices! Or peaches or pears too! We have definitely started eating apples more now because of the ease of having them cut and ready.
Darin, my hubby, had bought this apple slicer during the year he was living the bachelor life (aka working) in California and I was still back in Illinois with our youngest son, Chase, finishing high school. When I got to Cali, I almost threw it away because I can’t stand clutter and I thought is was wasteful🤭! Who can’t cut their own apples??? Hahahahaha!! OK, so I am a bit of a control freak, but I CAN admit when he’s right and now we have evenly cut apples that we actually eat before they rot!
El-Wrongo for Terra and score another one for D-Dog❤️
Yields 3 servings
2 SmartPoints per serving
On all Plans….Purple💜 Green 💚 Blue💙
– 4 Apples, sliced. I like mix up the kinds of apples….2 Granny Smith and 2 Honey Crisp work well together.
– 2 Single Serving Cups of WW Oatmeal.
– 1/2 Can Diet Sprite or other lemon-lime diet soda
– Cinnamon & Stevia or my current choice for an all natural sweetner……Monk Fruit
The How To Is Easy Peasey
1. Preheat oven to 375*
2. Spray a baking dish with non stick cooking spray.
3. Put sliced apples or any fruit of choice in the pan.
4. Sprinkle cinnamon and Stevia/Monk Fruit ( or sweetener of your choice) generously over frozen fruit and stir to coat
5. Sprinkle the 2 individual WW cups of oatmeal over the fruit.
6. Pour the diet Sierra Mist (or diet soda of choice) over the fruit and oatmeal.
7. Bake at 350* for about 40 minutes or until bubbly. We prefer ours baked long enough for the fruit to really bake down into a compote-y type texture!
8. Let cool down a bit and ENJOY!!
*Optional: Top with a scoop of Halo Top vanilla bean icecream for 2 additional SmartPoints or a couple tablespoons of fat free cool whip for 1 additional SmartPoint.
It’s very easy to make and keeps well in the fridge. Just microwave it for a few seconds to reheat OR eat cold mixed into non fat, plain Greek yogurt. YUMMY!
It really is one of my favorite desserts, as well as my family’s and amazingly guilt free!! Let me know if you like it!!
Terra’s WW Workshop Schedule – California
Mondays – Fresno WW Studio – 830am
Tuesdays – Clovis WW Studio – 10am
Wednesdays – Madera – 11am and 12:30pm
Fridays – Fresno WW Studio –
8am, 10am and 12:15pm
I’ll be teaching an app academy📲 at Noon every third Tuesday of the month at the newly remodeled Fresno WW Studio. Anyone who wants to learn more about the ins & outs of the awesome WW app are welcome!!!