Fabulous Finds I ❤️My Air Fryers Tasty Tuesdays

Terra’s Tasty Tuesday Jalapeño Poppers~ 2 for 1 SmartPoint

I consider myself a connoisseur of jalapeño poppers!! They are most definitely in my top 5 all-time favorite foods! After years of collecting research (aka ordering them at nearly every different restaurant we’ve ever frequented across the country😄) I became tired of paying their high SmartPoints price in my tracker. Based on the WW app, restaurant and pre made, frozen jalapeño poppers range anywhere from 3 -7 SmartPoints EACH. That’s PER POPPER people! Lol…Ouch!

I knew I could make them taste just as good (even better than many I’ve tried) and a whole lot lighter at home once I got my air fryer(s). Yes with the air fryer again! I can’t rave about mine enough! If you still don’t have one (Vicki K!!!!➡️➡️➡️) double tap the photo below and check the brand I use!! The options for making tasty restaurant-type-foods for a fraction of the SmartPoints are endless with an air fryer. It’s a must have!

(Double tap image for more details)

After some trial and error, I’ve perfected my at-home version! We have them at least once a week as an appetizer because they are sooo good and so low in SmartPoints! I make them up ahead of time, then throw however many we plan to eat that night in the air fryer before I start working on dinner. This way, there is something really SmartPoints-worthy to snack on while cooking instead of taking BLTs (bite, licks and tastes) of anything I can get my hands on while prepping dinner. Occasionally, the poppers ARE the meal. I cut them up while they are hot and put them on top of a big salad with tomato, onion and light ranch dressing as my entire dinner. Yum!

I’ve experimented with more complicated recipes and none were as nearly tasty as this simple, simple, simple “hack” in my self proclaimed, Jalapeño Popper Expert opinion😉. It’s so easy, I can’t really even call it a “recipe” can I?? Food idea, perhaps?? Regardless of what you call it, I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.

INGREDIENTS

2 Poppers = 1 SmartPoint (on all 3 WW food plans🟣🔵🟢)

Fresh jalapeños ~ 0 Smartpoints

Light Laughing Cow Cheese ~ I use Spicy Pepper Jack, which is 1 Smartpoint per wedge, even when more than one wedge is used.

Olive oil spritz/spray

Tajin* optional but highly recommended!

1.) Wash jalapeños, cut the ends off and remove seeds and core, unless you like them REALLY spicy! This little corer tool has been a life saver. Trying to get the seeds out with a knife is very tricky and requires far more patience than I have!

(Double tap image for more info)

2.) Stuff each pepper with cheese. I try to use 1/2 a wedge per pepper. Although it doesn’t completely stuff the pepper, the cheese is so strong it does the trick. If the peppers are large, feel free to use more cheese and simply adjust the Smartpoint total accordingly.

3.) Spritz poppers with olive oil and if desired, sprinkle with Tajin. Before moving to the west coast, I had never had Tajin or even heard of it. Now, less than a year later, I can’t live without it! If you’re not familiar, it’s a lime-ish, taco-ish flavored seasoning that tastes great on nearly everything…..popcorn, salads, in dips, over grilled veggies, etc., etc.

(Double tap image for more details)

4.) Air fry the poppers at 350* for 15 minutes. I have noticed different brands of air fryers cook at various temps, so be sure to check your poppers a couple of times and adjust your cook time accordingly.

5.) Serve plain, with light ranch or with BBQ sauce for dipping. We like BBQ sauce with our poppers the best. Typical BBQ sauce is 3 Smartpoints for 2 tablespoons. We switched to G Hughes Smokehouse Hickory flavored sugar free BBQ sauce because it’s ZERO Smartpoints for THREE tablespoons and tastes just as good!

ENJOY!

🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀🌀

UPDATE!!!

I’ve added 6 additional virtual workshops to my weekly schedule. Yahoo!! I’ll be leading 2 Saturday morning WW Virtual Workshops and 4 WW Virtual Workshops on Wednesdays….3 in the morning and 1 in the evening. Yahoo, again! See the detailed schedule below and if there’s a time that works for you be sure to put a reminder in your phone to log on so you don’t forget! It doesn’t matter what part of the world you’re in, if you’re a WW member you can attend any virtual workshop and as many per week as you’d like!!!

My email address is below…if you need help logging on, reach out! It’s super simple and I’m happy to help you!

All is well❤️

Terra Ayres,

Wellness Coach🌺

Click here

to check out my website at:

👩🏻‍💻Terra’s WW Virtual Workshop Schedule👩🏻‍💻

9a, 11a& 115p🏔Mountain Time

10a, 12p &  215pCentral Time

Saturdays– Fairfield Commons Lakewood, Colorado Connect Group

630a & 8a🌊Pacific Time

7:30a & 9a🏔Mountain Time

830a & 10aCentral Time

Click here to learn how to sign onto a WW Virtual Workshop⬇️⬇️⬇️  Email me with any questions!!

You Might Also Like

14 Comments

Michelle Anderson
    July 24, 2020 at 10:02 am

Hi Terra,
    Michelle here from Geneva. I am a lifetime member and would love to attend you virtual WW meetings. I haven’t been in a while so can you tell me how to beat get started.
    Thanks! Can’t wait to join you. Alice raves about your meetings 🙂

Terra
      July 24, 2020 at 11:10 am

Hi Michelle! Yes, I’d love to have you join us! Here’s my schedule. As long as you’re a current WW member, you can go into WW Connect and access the link to get on whichever workshop and location you choose. If you need help, email me: terraayres@icloud.com. Hopefully I’ll see you TODAY! Alice was in earlier

Terra’s Schedule Central Time

830a
      10a
      Central⏰Time
      Lakewood Colorado Connect Group

Luanne Irvin
    July 15, 2020 at 10:26 am

Hi Terra – I was noting the days and zoom access numbers for your virtual meetings. I didn’t see you listed on the Thornton CO site and the times are different for you on the Lakewood group. Can you check this out and let me/others know. Thanks.

Terra
      July 15, 2020 at 12:35 pm

Hi Luanne! I SO appreciate you reaching out!!! WW is working on updating the virtual coaches on each pinned post on Connect, which is the post the workshop schedule is found. I just checked it and my name as Coach is showing up on Fairfield Commons Lakewood Colorado Connect and Littleton Colorado Connect now. Thornton Colorado Connect will be next. I just finished leading the 3 Wednesday morning Thornton workshops and the people are SO nice! I’ve double, triple checked my schedule on my home page and it is correct. It’s the very first post if you go to http://www.terraayres.com so hopefully everyone sees it. Ill post it again here too, just incase! I’ll be leading the Littleton 5pm Pacific/7pm Central time workshop starting tonight. Hope you can log on!

‍Terra’s WW Virtual Workshop Schedule‍

10a, 12p & 215p⏰Central Time

Saturdays
      Fairfield Commons Lakewood Colorado Connect Group
      630a & 8aPacific Time
      7:30a & 9aMountain Time
      830a & 10a⏰Central Time

Click here to learn how to sign onto a WW Virtual Workshop⬇️⬇️⬇️ Email me with any questions!!

Jan parcell
    July 9, 2020 at 3:19 pm

Thanks for doing the Central time for all of us in the midwest!! I’m marking these down! Ilm see you in at least one of your meetings!!

Terra
      July 9, 2020 at 3:29 pm

LOL!! You’re very welcome! It gets so confusing and now to add Mountain time in addition to Central and Pacific time makes it even more so! There is a correction on my schedule I just made and you may not have seen…my Wed evening meeting (7p Central time) link can be found in the LITTLETON, COLORADO Connect Group. My 3 Wednesday day time workshops are our of Thornton, Colorado, but the evening workshops is Littleton. Look forward to seeing you!

Vicki Koury
    July 8, 2020 at 4:18 pm

Ok young Lady……I feel the pressure to purchase the air fryer. I was really thinking about doing it before you threw under there bus (LOL). Seriously, thank you for the information. I will be checking it out asap. And thank you for the great recipe(actually all the great recipes).

Terra
      July 8, 2020 at 4:21 pm

Hahahaha! No pressure…..

Jill Warren
      July 10, 2020 at 4:26 pm

Hi Vicki,
      Larry and I absolutely love our air fryer … you can cook just about anything in it. The great thing is you get the fried effect without all the oil in the deep fryer. Enjoy!!

Lisa Davis
    July 8, 2020 at 10:15 am

I LOVE poppers! I am trying this asap! And yes, I’m in love with my air fryer, too. It has been a God send! Thanks Terra for another great food idea

Terra
      July 8, 2020 at 11:39 am

Let me know how they turn out!!!

Vickie
    July 8, 2020 at 7:48 am

Terra- great recipe!! Thanks ❤️

Teresa Keenan
    July 8, 2020 at 7:32 am

This recipe might just be the one to push me into the “I OWN AN AIR FRYER” club!! We love jalapeno poppers! Thanks for dedicating yourself to all that research
    I’ll post my review soon!!

Terra
      July 8, 2020 at 8:39 am

Lol!!! Once you have one you’ll think of a million ways to use it! As for the extensive popper tasting research….it’s just kind of person I am!!! Definitely post your review!