This is the first time using my new recipe template and I’m SOOOO excited! I just hope it works🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼 I have a ton of recipes I have created, collected and/or modified that have significantly helped me on my weight loss/weight maintenance journey this year (a silver lining of the 2020 pandemic….A LOT more free time!) and I’ve been extremely excited to share them with you! The challenge has been my posting process…..it was time consuming and a bit antiquated, causing me to avoid doing it😬. Thanks to Google and You Tube and some free time, I think I have found a template that will make it easier and more fun for me to post and for you to access, print, save and/or share if you would like. Again, I’ve taught myself how to use this, to if it’s less than perfect….remember I am a work in progress!
This recipe is AMAZING! I’ve been making a batch every week or so because Darin and I LOVE them! They taste like FALL…total comfort food. I also make a pumpkin version I will share ASAP. Because they are so low in Smartpoints, it’s easy to work them into your Daily SmartPoints budget!! Log onto one of my Virtual Workshops (my schedule is below) and let me know what you think of the recipe and how you’re doing on your journey! Managing our weight and our healthy is a WHOLE LOT more fun when we do it together!!
🌟And a big shout out to Linley in Idaho for motivating me to get this post out!!!!! Figuring out a better way to share my food ideas has been on my “TO DO” list for a LONG time….Thanks for the motivation to get moving on it!
All is well❤️
Terra Ayres, WW Wellness Coach
Apple Spice Donuts
- Donut Pan
- 2 Cups Finely ground old fashioned oats (Simply grind old fashioned oats in a food processor to consistency of traditional flour. It takes roughly 2.5 cups of oats to yield 2 cups of ground oats)
- 3 Tablespoons Unpacked brown sugar
- 1/2 Cup Sugar free maple flavor low calorie syrup
- 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 Teaspoon Baking powder
- 1.5 Cups Unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla extract
- 1 Egg
- 1 Apple (Peel and chop apple into tiny pieces)
- Preheat oven to 350*. Lightly coat donut pan** with nonstick cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, combine ground oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder and salt. Set aside
- Either by hand or using a mix master, mix egg, applesauce, chopped apple, brown sugar, sugar free maple syrup and vanilla. Then add dry mixture and blend well.
- Scrape batter into large zip lock bag. Snip a hole in the bottom corner of the bag and pipe batter evenly into prepared pans.
- Bake at 350* for 12 minutes or until wooden pick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow donuts to cool in pan 2 minutes, then remove.
- *In a small bowl, whisk 3 Tablespoons powdered sugar with 1 Tablespoon unsweetened Almond milk and drizzle over donuts, if desired. I usually leave this step out because they taste just as good without it, in my opinion, and I try to avoid the added sugar.
- **If you don’t have a donut pan, you can also use a loaf pan, brownie pan or muffin tins. You’ll just need to adjust the baking time as needed.